How To Create Videos For Your eCommerce Brand On A Low Budget
Video is a very popular and highly preferred format for brands who want to produce good quality content. Video engages and entertains people more than any other type of content. People tend to pay more attention to visuals than they do to boring and lengthy text.
According to cloudincome.com, approximately 400 hours of video is uploaded on youtube every minute. Creating videos is a source of living for millions of creators. It doesn’t just pay the bills, it helps people create a life for themselves.
One of the major misconceptions that people have about video creation or production is that it requires a heavy budget. Although brands who invest in video marketing indeed get a greater ROI, however, brands or business owners that do not have a hefty budget, to begin with, can also succeed by incorporating smarter tactics to produce videos on an affordable budget without compromising the quality.
But, why video?
According to Think With Google, the time people spend watching youtube on their TV has doubled year over year. On mobile alone, Youtube reaches more 18 to 49-year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV network.
Videos inspire consumers to take action. People majorly watch videos to learn something new. Whether it’s learning how to cook, play the guitar, beauty tips and tricks or learn more about consumer electronics. Hence, brands leveraging video to create educational and entertaining content are helping audiences that are looking to learn skills.
87% of online buyers who watched an online video, took an action triggered by the video. 40% of consumers reported to have requested a price quote. 55% of online shoppers say they used online video while shopping in-store.
How can you create videos on a budget?
- Know what you want to accomplish with the video- There are plenty of “types of videos” that you can create- ranging from educational to promotional to entertaining. Before creating a video, it’s important to lay out a script that establishes what the video wants its audience to feel and understand through it. Once you have a script and an end goal in mind, you can move to the next step.
- Aim for a make-shift set up- If you’re a brand or a business on a budget, your set-up for creating videos does not need to consist of supremely expensive lights, a studio, or models. Small business owners can use their phones and ring lights that are readily available online. Most brands these days are not investing in high-end video production because simply using their smartphones is giving them the desired brand awareness.
- Create videos by keeping yourself in your audience’s shoes- What attracts you to watch a video or click on a video? There could be a lot of reasons- The thumbnail attracts you or it could be that the title of the video is click-worthy. Most of the time people stick around to watch videos because the audio and the lighting are perfect.
While audiences do not expect brands to produce videos that seem like they’ve come out of a Quentin Tarantino movie, they do stay longer to watch videos that have good audio quality and crisp visuals. One of the best ways to make sure that a small business or a brand has good audio is to ensure that the mic they use is of good quality. There are plenty of options available for good quality affordable mics online.
Good quality audio allows consumers to cut the distraction and it also enhances the experience for them. With the advent and invention of wireless earphones/headphones, there has been an increase in demand for crisper audio experiences.
When it comes to visuals, small business owners can use their smartphones instead of investing in high-end luxury DSLRs.
- Focusing On Good Lighting- One of the key elements that make a good video is lighting. Ring lights that are famously used by influencers come in various tones and are easily available online. Using ring lights can largely enhance the quality of the video by adding more colour to it without which the video might appear lifeless.
- Utilizing Social Media- Small businesses can leverage social media features such as:
- FACEBOOK LIVE
- INSTAGRAM LIVE
- YOUTUBE LIVE
Social Media is a boon for businesses and brands all over the world. Brands such as Sleepy Owl have capitalized on these features and created an audience base that is attracted to them based on its video content.
Creating video content on a budget is not as complicated as it seems. Creating a makeshift set-up, developing an aesthetic background- all of this can be done under a budget and voila, there you have a strategy to create videos without spending a million dollars.