Starting an e-commerce business is just not enough, the ultimate aim is to generate business out of it. To succeed in eCommerce, you need three things: in-demand products to sell, the skills to market them, and the drive to succeed. If you have already decided to scale up your business online, you have the winner’s mindset but then finding the niche products to sell is important. Remember your shopping spree when you felt equally overwhelmed and anxious by an abundance of choices, know that you are not alone. For an online store owner, there are endless possibilities of products, and choosing the right one is a vicious cycle. A big question arises here: what can be the parameters to choose the apt products to sell on your e-commerce store?
- Difficult to find: There are high chances that the demand would be eventually more if the product is difficult to find among the common masses. Though almost all the online store owners try to introduce such products but to take an edge, you have to introduce it first and start promoting it.
- Possibility of a healthy mark-up: On an average, people tend to make a quick purchase if the products range between $10 to $50. It is called buying on an impulse. However if the amount increases, the customers become skeptical and start comparing the prices amongst different e-commerce websites. Hence, online store owners should make a keen check on the price proposition.
- High utility: To get a gradual surge in the orders, utility of the product needs to be high. A product which is seldom used by some particular age groups would not witness consistent sales. Though it shouldn’t be easily available in the brick and mortar stores of your arre yet the utility should be high. Hence, it’s a tough choice to make.
Let’s look at some of the niche products which have been trending the charts for some time:
- Fitness Fashion accessories: Forbes has found that in 2020, customer valued comfort over appearance. With the rise of loungewear and athleisure, we’ll definitely see sweatshirts, hoodies, and joggers trending in 2021. If you are wondering which products fall under this category, then think about all the casual wear stuff like hoodies, sweatshirts, sports bras, gym shorts, yoga pants, etc.
- Water Bottles: This is a product of high utility as well as with a large variety. If we talk very specifically about it, reusable water bottles are gaining pace. The global reusable water bottle market is already valued at $8.1 billion as of 2018, and is expected to continue growing by a CAGR of 3.9% until 2025. Since people are becoming more environment centric, your target audience is likely to be more health-conscious and aware of the harmful effects of one-time-use bottles.
- Peel off Face Mask: As per the search report from “Keywords everywhere”, the term “peel off face mask” receives 30,000 searches per month, with the phrase “face peel” receiving another 27,100 searches per month, variant “charcoal face mask” receiving 41,000 searches per month, and “facial mask” 81,000 per month. Though it trends to be an inexpensive trifle accessory, yet encloses a huge amount of scope amongst the common peopl
- Mobile Accessories: This term binds a lot of products in it, hence a deep research is required to search for the niche among them. Throughout the years, the search query for these products have peaked during the holiday season. Amongst the various accessories, mobile cases and covers tend to be most loved by all. They can be cheap and easy to make, making them one of the best trending products to sell for beginners.
These are some of the trendy products to sell in 2021 based on the past research, however choosing the right one is just the beginning of a marketing campaign for a potential business. With the amount of online shoppers rapidly increasing every year, 2021 is the best time to start and grow your online store. Remember whatever products you choose, listing them is just one part of the equation. The real secret recipe lies in promoting or marketing them. Stay tuned to know more about it.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *